Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Don't know what to play? - Steam can give you a recommendation from now on

Valve is currently trying out an experiment to recommend games that a player could play without already owning them in his collection.

Steam users often face the "problem" of not knowing what to play in a bunch of games. Statistics show that Steam is mostly a hoarder platform where users only play a third of the games in their collections, so Valve decided to experiment with a new referral system - what to play next.

It may seem like a long time ago, but it's really a new thing. Specifically, there was a system to recommend what to buy next, suggested based on the games in the collection. Now, Steam Labs is testing the option of receiving suggestions for games that you haven't played so far, similar to those you've played for a long time.

The proposals themselves are not guided by the criterion of topicality, but I have noticed that (we) are proposing mostly quality things, and only from our own collection - not the one you share through Family Sharing. In my case, the thing was useful because it reminded me of the games I have in my collection, and I didn't even know I owned them. I have a bunch of those, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment